Sunday, June 17, 2007

 

What Are You Busy Doing?

Remember, "It's not enough to be busy. The question is what are we Busy about?" ~ Henry David Thoreau, author

Scripture:
So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.” And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Luke 2:48-50 (New King James Version)

So often, our days are filled with stuff to do. For me this weekend was full of shopping, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and attending a funeral. I always have a multitude of things to do with nary an opportunity to just rest. Much of what I do is by choice.

My family and friends often wonder why I spend so much time on the computer. They don’t understand my NEED to write. You see, I make it a point to write something every day. I commit to doing these devotionals five out of seven days a week.

A friend pointed out to me just this evening, that so often I try to downplay the power of these messages or the fact that I just do them as something to do. In part she is right. But on the other hand, she doesn’t realize that I cannot let more than a day go by without writing one. You see, I realize and recognize that I have been given a responsibility. That responsibility is to be about my Father business. The business of spreading the good news of the Gospel.

What most of you don’t realize is that I know that these devotionals are a gift for me from my heavenly Father. So often I am writing them for myself as much as I am writing them for you. I will let you in on a little secret too. I often find myself arguing with God about what I WON”T write about. But for some strange reason, He always seems to win. No matter how painful a message may be to me.

I have been given a charge, a responsibility and it is my duty to share the Word of God with as many people as I can. Some folks are very receptive and yet others will sometimes look at me as though I have a problem.

But you know what? It is a problem I gladly accept with open arms!

Be Blessed

PRAYER:
Lord, may the trials that I must endure, help me to develop a more Christ like character. I know that often times I complain about the things that adversely affect my life. I do not always appreciate that even in the times of suffering; You are always there to sustain me. Father, forgive me when I complain about the heaviness of my cross. Father God, our stay here is short and we accept the fact that one day, there will be no more suffering, and for that fact, we thank You. Lord, I pray that I would develop a more selfless character and cheerfully go about doing Your work. I pray that something that I do or say on this journey would cause someone who is lost, to seek Your face. Now Lord, I ask that You would continue to Bless Your saints who find encouragement in Your daily word. Lord, we thank You for all that You do for us and for keeping us yet again. Bless You Father. Thank You now and forevermore, in the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?