Wednesday, June 06, 2007

 

He's after Our Children

Remember, each day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~ Charles Swindoll

Scripture:
My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father , the son he delights in. Proverbs 3:1-2 & 11-12

Saints, lately I have noticed an increase in the number of children who are rebelling against their parent’s upbringing. My oldest son included. The older children are talking back, doing what they want, and thinking that what ever they say or whatever they want goes. The younger children, well, for the most part they are all being disobedient.

As a single parent trying to raise two sons, one being a young adult, I often felt that it would be easier to just give in to him rather than fight him every day. But as a mother who loves her children very much, I refuse to let satan have my sons. As a result, the battles between my oldest and I increase.

Saints, I am here to tell you it is our responsibility as parents to raise our children according to the word of God and not according to the standards of the world. Our children our not our own but, rather gifts from God whom we must raise according to His standards and not the world’s.

Today I saw the fruits of my labor manifested. My oldest son graduate from high school today and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. You see, my son was already a year behind when he got expelled from school for an entire year. He got in trouble with the law and it seemed as though he was heading down the wrong road in life. However, I never gave up on him and I let him know that his behavior was unacceptable.

It was a year fraught with almost daily battles, tears, yelling and screaming, but most of all, days full of prayer. Today, God answered my prayers. As I watched my son walk across that stage this evening, I noticed a new sense of maturity and confidence that I hadn’t noticed before. What I saw as I cried tears of joy, was God blessing me in the best way possible, through my son. My son, whom I had fought with and fought for. My son whom I refuse to let go to satan walked for me and for the Lord today.

Today I watched as God answered my prayers. Ain’t that good news!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, Jesus, give faith and confidence to the ones who read these words, so that they will want to reach out their hands to their friends and pray that pain, despair, and sickness will be healed. Give them wisdom to know best how to pray, fill their prayers with the faith that heals and their hands with the power that gives life and comfort. Thank You Lord for our children. Please grant us eyes to see the greatness in our children. Please give us the ears to hear Your love for us in our children. Allow us to experience Your presence in our homes and in the lives of those You have entrusted in our care. Thank You Lord for those precious gifts. Cover our children in the Blood of the lamb, so that when they our far from our sight, they are always under Your wings of protection. Grant us the strength, the courage, and the wisdom to love our children enough to teach them discipline. We love You Lord, and submit our prayers in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?