Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Do Not be Afraid

Remember, Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Scripture:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

So often when we are faced with life altering choices, we become paralyzed with fear. It is a part of human nature to fear the unknown. We sometimes fear not having a mate and being alone. We fear leaving a job we hate, believing that we may not find another. Sometimes we even fear the things that may ultimately be a blessing.

During my lifetime, I had to learn to overcome my fears. When my marriage fell apart, I didn’t think I would be able to take care of myself and my children, but I did. When I lost my job and looked for months before I found another, I stressed each and everyday that I was out of work.

One day I realized that no matter what I was going through, God was right there with me. During those nights when I cried myself to sleep after my marriage failed, God was there to wipe away my tears and He continued to provide for my children and me. Even when I was out of work, my children and I still had a roof over our heads and food on the table. I became aware of the fact that stress couldn’t to resolve my problems, only God could.

The one thing that each and every one of us has to remember is, fear can be paralyzing, but faith can set you free.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Oh kind and gracious and merciful Father, we come before the throne of grace, as humbly as we know how. We lift up our eyes unto the heavens from which all of our blessings flow. Father, we know that we are not worthy of fresh grace, but You give it to us anyone. We know that somewhere along the way we have sinned, but You forgave us anyway. We know that sometimes we disappoint You, but You love us anyway. Thank You Father that You love and forgive me despite me. Father we come standing in the gap this morning for our fellow saints, for our family members, and for our friends. So many need so much, but we know that there is nothing too hard for God. Continue to touch, bless, anoint and heal those saints among us who are afflicted. Keep us all just a little closer to You this day and give us the wisdom to choose the right seeds for our gardens. Now Lord we pause to praise You. We give thanks to You this day, we magnify and uplift Your most holy name. We ask and pray these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?