Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Living Your Dream

Remember, to dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are. ~ Anonymous

Scripture:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 (New International Version)

As I grow closer to the age of fifty, I often find myself wondering if I am at the place in my life where I should be. It’s no secret that I have a failed marriage, struggle financially and have made countless mistakes. Yes, I have done foolish things, made bad choices and done things that I regret.

However, I also realize that I have overcome a great many things. There are things in my life that have changed as I have grown in the body of Christ. I would love to say that I am more like Christ. Alas, all I can say is I am trying to become more like Him. I know that He is still working on me and I accept that.

The point is that yes, we all will come to a point in our lives where we will question ourselves. We wonder if we could have been different. We may even have a few regrets about some of the choices that we have made.

However, each of must learn to celebrate who we are right now. Not what we shoulda, coulda been. But embrace who you are right now. If it had not been for many of the things that we had to go through, we would never learn to accept what we have become, Heirs to the King.

So I tell you embrace who you are and remember we are all living our dream. The dream of being one with Christ.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I come before the throne of grace, humbling myself and asking for forgiveness. Lord, I pray that you would forgive me for all the wrong I’ve done. Forgive me allowing negative thoughts and feelings to enter into my spirit. Help me always to rejoice in where I am and not where I think I should have been. For, I am right where I am supposed to be, safe in Your arms. Lord, I ask that Your word would continue to be a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Help me to remember to always to keep Your word hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You. Father, I pray for all of my brothers and sisters who are reading this prayer with me and who have asked for prayer. Lord, I don’t know their needs, but You do. I pray that You would grant them the desires of their hearts according to Your tender mercies in Christ Jesus. It is in His name that we submit our prayers and petitions. Glory to God. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?