Thursday, March 22, 2007

 

Lighting a Flame

Remember, Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by an encounter with another human being. Each of us owes the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light ~Albert Schweitzer

Scripture:
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:15-17(NIV)

People often tell me that my devotionals often come at a time when they need to hear a specific word or message. They offer not only words of encouragement, but are frequently viewed as confirmation to something these people may be going through. What many of you may not know is this; responses like these are one of many reasons I feel so compelled to do these messages as often as I do.

My devotionals are a tool that I myself use to encourage me. I use them as a reflection of my own spiritual walk as I ponder not only my own Christian experience but also the experience of others. They are but one of the ways I pay homage to God.

What’s also interesting about them is they have introduced me to some wonderful people, both on and off-line. Because of these messages, I have been introduced to a multitude of new friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. These messages and my friends are the flame that keeps the fire within me lit.

So my friends thank you for keeping my flame lit and burning in homage to God.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, in the name of Jesus, we come before the throne of grace, humbling ourselves before You Lord, giving You all honor, praise and glory. Father God, as we draw closer to the end of another week, we come to give thanks for all that You have done in our lives, but also for the things that You are about to do. Father, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Your word have I hidden in my heart so that I may not sin against thee. Lord, I come lifting my shield of faith and my sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. I believe that I can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me. I believe that You are doing a new thing in my life. I believe that my breakthrough, my miracle, my healing is at hand. I believe that I am and can do everything that Your word tells me because You Lord, are God alone and You cannot lie. My shield of faith reminds me that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. My faith and hope comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Lord, we know and realize that You are still sovereign and that all things work for the good of those who love You and who have been called according to Your purpose. Thank You Lord, for my faith. Thank You Lord, for my blessings. Thank You Lord, for my Redeemer, Christ Jesus, it is in His name we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?