Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

Lending A Helping Hand

Remember, If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. ~Mother Teresa

Scripture:
And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:40

Recently a very dear friend suffered a very tragic event in her life. This single mother of three is trying to recover from a fire in her home that destroyed her children’s bedroom. All of her children’s possessions were either destroyed in the fire or had to be thrown out because of water and smoke damage. Now, my friend and her children are trying to live in what’s left of her house. The front living area.

This strong woman not only has to put up a brave front for her children, she must also go to work to continue to provide for them, protect what’s left of her belongings from those who would try to prey on her misfortune and try to replace the things that were lost.

What’s interesting about her situation is that she is still maintaining a positive attitude. She candidly told me “that sometimes you have to pick which battles to fight in this world. She is not willing to fight the battle of self-pity. She is just happy that her children are alright.”

This particular woman is one of those people who believes in helping others. She too is a writer who has done a lot to promote literacy in the metropolitan Detroit Area. She is the epitome of the “Virtuous Woman.” Personally, I love her spirit.

Now I too am a single mother who knows what it’s like to lose things. Sometimes, you struggle just to survive and then “life happens.” You get knocked down and must struggle to get back up again. The one thing that you have to keep in mind when life knocks you down is to remember what’s important and decide which battles you are willing to fight.

However, it doesn’t hurt to have a friend who is willing to help you get back up again. If you find it in your heart to help, please e-mail me off-line at: Jackiemoore@virtuousliving.com and I will forward her contact information to you.

Be Blessed

PRAYER:
Father, we come this once again to give thanks to the Lord. We give thanks to our Father for all that he has done. We thank You because You love us in spite of. Your grace and mercy abound. You forgive us when we ask. You feed us when we are hungry, You protect and guide us. Thank You. Lord, I pray that You would find favor in something that I do today. Help me to see a need in someone else’s life other than my own. Lord, someone I meet today may not know you the way I do. Help me to reach out to someone else and lead them to You. Father, bless my home, my job, my co-workers and my brothers and sisters in Christ. Keep all families safe from all hurt harm and danger. Where there is strife, speak peace into those situations. Where there is a need, may it be filled. Grant us the desires of our hearts, O'Lord, according to Thy tender Mercies. Continue to touch the lives of our prayers lists. Heal, strengthen, bless, deliver and protect. Grant us greater faith, strength, and compassion. Lord, we love you and uplift the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?