Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

A Beacon of Light

Remember, Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter. ~ Bono

Scripture:
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 (New International Version)

Have you ever met a person who seem to light up a room as they enter? You can’t quite put your finger on it, but something about them seems to make the world around them a brighter place. For some unexplained reason, just being around them makes you happy. There are certain people I have met that make me feel this way.

Once we begin to engage in conversation, I begin to understand why. The light of Jesus has been lit in their hearts. It really doesn’t matter what the conversation is about, it becomes obvious they are filled with the Holy Spirit by virtue of not what they do or say but by how they make me feel. I feel a sense of comfort.

That is how it’s supposed to be with Christians. You should be able to see one another, not by what they do or say, but by the light that emanates from within. The spirit of Christ that resides within their hearts.

I often pray for that same light to be lit within me. I pray that others can see the spirit of Christ in my spirit. I pray that the Holy Spirit indwells in my heart and that others can see and feel it. And when I am feeling down, I pray that He will reignite the fire, so that others will be drawn to it, not for my edification, but for His.

Does the light of Jesus Christ burn within your Spirit?

Be Blessed

PRAYER:
My Father, My Lord, My Savior. We who have been reconciled into Your kingdom by the saving grace of Christ Jesus, come before You once again with praises and thanksgiving on our tongues. Lord, we come honoring You for the gift of fresh grace and mercy. Lord, You blessed me and kept me once again and I say thank You. Father, we come before You asking that You would magnify Your power and Your presence in our lives. Lord, we know that we don't always do what is right in Your eyes, but we thank You for forgiveness. We realize and recognize that sometimes we don't always act Christ like. Lord, we come asking that Your light that shines within us would be magnified so that others may see it and seek after it in the same way we did. Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless our loved ones, our family members and our brothers and sisters in Christ. Someone needs a miracle today, so we come claiming a miracle for someone else today, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?