Monday, January 29, 2007

 

Helping Hands

Remember, The only people to get even with are those who have helped you. ~ Anonymous

Scripture:
Two people are better than one. They can help each other in everything they do. Suppose someone falls down. Then his friend can help him up. But suppose the man who falls down doesn't have anyone to help him up. Then feel sorry for him! Or suppose two people lie down together. Then they'll keep warm. But how can one person keep warm alone? Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 (New International Reader's Version)

Every so often I am asked, how is it that I am willing to share what little I have. As a writer, I am always passing along advice, tips, and information about “calls for submissions“, or marketing ideas. As someone who has worked in sales, I will pass up a sale to help someone else. As a Christian, I am always encouraging others even when I myself, may need to be encouraged. There is something I discovered a long time ago about life and that is whatever you are willing to give away will be returned to you tenfold.

Now, don’t take this the wrong way, but in reality, when I give something away, I don’t give it away expecting that is will even be given back. More importantly, the person to whom I may give something to, may not necessarily be the person from whom I will receive my blessings from.

As I grow nearer to another milestone in my life, I realize that I have could not have made it this far without the help of others. I could have been homeless, car-less, without food for myself or my children, if it had not been for the kind generosity of others. Even the current job that I have, is because someone else helped me. I was hired based on the recommendation of someone word.

Saints of God, no one person has ever achieved anything in life without the help and support of others. Many might claim that they have, but if they truly took a long hard look at those unseen hands that have touched them along the way, they would have to admit, that they too have been helped.

I just want to remind each of you that you cannot receive a gift with a closed fist.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
If I can help somebody as I pass along, If I can cheer somebody with a word or song, If I can show somebody he's traveling wrong, Then my living will not be in vain. If I can do my duty as a Christian ought, If I can bring salvation to a world once wrought, If I can spread the message as the master taught, Then my living will not be in vain. Lord, help me to always be mindful of the hands that have touched me as I have journeyed through this life. The hands that have held mine, caressed me and wiped away my tears when it seemed that all hope was lost. The hands that supported me when I couldn’t stand by myself. The hands that have gently guided me along my chosen path. Thank You Lord, for those helping hands. Father God, in recognizing that without the help of others, I couldn’t have made it this far, may I always be willing to share and give of myself, never expecting anything in return. Father God, today I say a special prayer for my friend Cynthia who lost her sister Claire. Lord, Wrap Your loving arms around the Smith-Bryant family as they prepare to send the loved one on to glory. Father God, I ask that each of us would lend a hand to those in need, even if it’s just a gentle hand of comfort or support. Now Lord, I ask that You would continue to bless each family that is represented in the reading of this message, as we lift Your name on high. Praise God. Glory Hallelujah, in the mighty name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?