Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Jesus Sees Your Struggles

Scripture:
He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, because they all saw him and were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, Mark 6:48-51 (NIV).

Just about everyone that I know is going through, or has gone through some type of storm. Sometimes the storms are of a financial nature. Or they may be storms in their relationships, in their homes, on their jobs, or in their bodies. Sometimes the storms may even be in their relationship with God.

No matter whom you are, what you do for a living, your standing in the community, your marital status, you will go through a storm. It is inevitable. Since everyone has to go through the storm, the best thing we can do about it is learn from it. Only you can choose what you will learn from your personal storm.

Storms have the ability to show us what our weaknesses and needs are. Maybe the lesson is humility. Maybe the lesson is learning that we are not all that we think we are. Storms have a way of bringing us closer to God. When we are shaken up and tossed around, then and only then will we reach out for God’s unchanging hand.

Prayer:
Lord, as I am going through my own personal storm, I come to the realization that You see my struggles. You are there even when I can’t see You. You watch over me and are just waiting for me to call to You. Lord, forgive for panicking and becoming afraid when my storms begin to toss me about. Lord, You have said that all I have to do is call on the name of Jesus. He is always there to rescue me from the storms of life. I know that I must go through my storms because it is necessary for me to recognize and worship You. The storms reveal all that is hidden within and around me. Lord, I choose to learn from my storms, no matter what the lesson may be. I accept every storm in my life because without them, I would forget that I need You each and everyday. I understand that the storms are sometimes necessary for me to see what You are doing in my life. As I recall the words to the song, “His Eye in on the Sparrow”, I remember that Your word that tells me “do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?” So I must learn that even in my storms, that I have no worry for You see my struggles. Thank you Lord for reminding me that You would never leave me nor forsake me. I come blessing and uplifting the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus. It is in His precious name that I submit my prayers. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?