Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Don't Keep Living in the Past

Scripture:
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19

Saints of God, how many are you are stuck in the past? How often to you talk about what you used to have? How things used to be? How you used to look.

I used to be twenty-one. So what. I used to be a size 5. So what. I used to party and hang out a lot. I used to have a whole lot of things. I used to be a sinner on the road leading to hell.

There are a whole lot of I used to's in my life. But I try not to dwell on them. Now, I won't lie. Every now and then there are aspects of my old life that I sometimes miss. I won't get into them, but sometimes it's only natural that we do miss those things in our past that brought us a sense of comfort.

But I also realize that God is a changing force in my life. I thank him that I am not all that I used to be. I thank him for allowing me to see that I was on a road leading straight to the gates of hell. I thank him for loving me enough that he didn't give up on me. I thank God for having compassion for me; and hurling my iniquities into the depths of the sea.

I thank him for doing a NEW THING in my life.

Be blessed

PRAYER:
Father, You are the Supreme Authority. You are a God of order. I thank You for being the head of my life. Father, we realize that sometimes change is hard. Changing our way of life, even as the world around us changes, isn't always easy. But we realize and recognize that it is for Your edification, that we who have accepted Jesus Christ as our personal savior must change. Old things are past away. You are preparing us for what lies ahead, not behind. We thank You for that change. Lord, help us to recognize when we are judging those around us based on their past. We know that You can and that You do, change the hearts of those who diligently seek You. I know that I am not all that You want me to be, but I pray that I would walk just a little bit closer to You each day. Thank You Father, for Your word and for the fellowship that I share with my brothers and sisters in Christ. We love You Lord and thank You for not only what You have done, but what You are about to do. In the mighty name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?