Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

Have You Changed?

Scripture:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Over the past few years I have noticed a lot of changes in my life. Some are huge changes and some, not so huge. I find myself looking at people and things around me differently.

Things I used to accept as a normal part of life are no longer acceptable. People whom I thought where friends, have stopped calling. Things that many people in the world do and say, I find that I can no longer do. Sometimes even members of my own family ask me, "when did I become so holy?”

Well saints of God, it's not that I became so holy, it's because I became a member of the body of Christ. It's because my eyes have been opened and I see sin for what it is, SIN. Something that is not pleasing to God.

The world would have us to believe that sex outside of marriage is okay. That disrespecting women, our parents, our elders, is okay. The world would have us to believe that it's okay to do and say what we want and too bad if you don't like it cause I'm going to do what I want, when I want, how I want, no matter who I hurt. The world would have us believe, If it feels good, do it and it doesn't matter cause no want has to know.
But I want you all to know that God Knows.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we humbly come before the throne of grace to give You the glory, the honor and the praise. Thank You Lord, for keeping us one more day. Father, we thank You for Your word. Your word, that teaches us, keeps us, renews us and guides us. We come thanking You for the family of God. You have blessed us, O God, with the gift of friendship, the bonding of persons in a circle of love. We thank You for such a blessing: for friends who love us, who share our sorrows, who laugh with us in celebration, who bear our pain, who need us as we need them, who weep as we weep, who hold us when words fail, and who give us the freedom to be ourselves. Bless our friends with health, wholeness, life, and love. Lord, so many of our loved ones have been stricken with cancer. We come asking for an extra portion of Your grace and mercy this morning. Touch them now Lord Jesus. Strengthen them, comfort them, but most of all heal their bodies and their spirits. We thank You right now for our breakthroughs that are on the way. We thank You right now for our blessings that our on the way. We love You Lord. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?