Monday, June 12, 2006

 

God Has Not Given Us A Spirit of Fear

Scripture:
The LORD is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

A few years ago, I worked with someone who is an avowed atheist. Since the very beginning, I knew this woman did not like me. As time passed, I realize that this woman doesn't just not like me, she Hates Me! She did and said things to me that civilized human beings just do not do and say. And since the very beginning, she did all types of things to try to get me fired.

As time went on, the attacks become more frequent and much more brutal. And I truly believe that I had an illness that was caused in part by the stress she had created for me. It had gotten so bad, that when she was in the room with me, the very air that I breathed felt like poison to me.

This woman's actions had me totally perplexed. You see, I had always treated her with nothing but respect and tried to overlook her hostility towards me. I turned the other cheek. I returned good for every bad and evil thing she had done and said to me. (Most of the time, anyway.) The more I overlooked her treatment of me, the angrier and nastier she seemed to get.

Just before I got ill and while I was at home mulling the situation over, not one, not two, but three of my Christian sisters spoke the same thing to me. Each of them told me the same thing; I was in a battle not with this woman, but in a spiritual battle with satan. You see, by shear admission of her unbelief and sometimes hostility towards God, she had opened herself up to be used as a tool of satan.

Those who know me know that by my very nature, I have a peaceful spirit and only want peace around me. I will do whatever is necessary to keep that peace. Add to that fact that I wear my Christianity on my chest, like a badge of honor and can always be found with Christian literature on my desk, around my desk, on my computer, and worst of all, spewing from my mouth and in my actions.

I have not a problem telling others about my God and how wonderful he is to me and how good he can be to them. Each of my sisters has told me, that by my very nature, I anger this woman and her evil spirits with my very presence.

The woman had begun to intimidate me! She had moved me from my comfort zone. I was giving her the power to move me from under the wings of God's protection. While discussing the situation with one of my Christian sisters, she began to speak these words into my spirit. God had not given you a spirit of fear.

Later that evening, I began to pull out my weapons. I pulled out my bible, my prayer books, and got down on my knees to pray about it. I called on my prayer warriors, and sought their prayers and support. I began to reflect on what was happening.

God once again said "I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU A SPIRIT OF FEAR! NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU CAN PROSPER! REBUKE THOSE EVIL SPIRITS THAT ASSAIL YOU! YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE VICTORY THROUGH THE BLOOD OF MY SON! TAKE THAT BLOOD, PLEAD IT IN YOUR SITUATION, ON YOUR JOB, AND OVER THIS WOMAN! I HAVE NOT TOLD YOU TO MOVE FROM THAT JOB! THAT WOMAN HAS NO POWER OVER YOU!

Saints, I am here to tell you, if you can relate to what I have said, read the above paragraph. Start pulling out your spiritual artillery, start pleading the blood of Jesus in your situation, and most of all, have a little talk with God. Tell him all about your troubles.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus, confessing that intimidation has caused me to stumble. I ask Your forgiveness for thinking of myself as the problem. You have already given me the power to overcome my circumstances. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Lord, You said that You would never leave me or forsake me. Therefore, I can say without any doubt or fear that You are my helper, and I am not afraid of anything that mere man can do to me. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. If God is for me, who can be against me? I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me and I rebuke satan and his evil minions. Father, thank You for new revelations each day. Thank You for placing the saints in my life, who will catch me when I stumble and almost fall. Thank You for Your word, that reminds me each and everyday to whom I truly belong. I love You Lord. I praise and uplift Your most Holy Name. Praise God. Amen.

Comments:
I am a Christian ans I thank God for that promise!

Please tell us more. I am interested in hearing how the story unfolded.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?