Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Spiritual Food

Scripture:
"Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God." - Romans 15:7

On Sunday after church, I was full and satisfied. You see, I went to my father's table and was fed by the word of God. I started the day by going to my new members class, where my local Sheppard, reminded us, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

After class, I rushed home to pick up my sons and my nephew so we could all return for more nourishment. Upon our return, I discovered that the service had already started and that the Holy Spirit was being uplifted and magnified in the sanctuary. I was ready to sip from the fountain that never runs dry.

Our guest pastor, an awesome man of God who provided plate after plate, after plate, of the most succulent morsels, just kept right on feeding my spirit. I along with so many others were so full as we drew near the end of the service, that we could barely make it out to our cars afterward.

Have you ever had so much to eat all you could do was keep on smiling all day? Did you get up days later with that same stupid smile plastered on you face at the thought of what wonderful things you feasted on two days before? Well saints, this morning, I did. And that how it should be with the word of God. A word that fill you so, that every time you think about it, a smile that lights up the world appears on your face.

Be Blessed.

Prayer:
My soul is full of unspeakable joy at the thought of Your precious word. Father, we give thanks for our pastors this morning, who constantly remind us to seek the word of God. We thank You Lord, for Your word, that becomes manifest in our lives. We thank You Lord, for the Holy Spirit, that guides and directs us, in the word. We thank You Lord, for the word, that became flesh and dwelt among us. Lord, come this morning with a word hidden in our hearts and praises on our lips to uplift and magnify You this morning. We come Lord, thanking You for our brothers and sisters in Christ, who speak Your word into existence, and who have come to stand in the gap once again for one another. Lord, touch every family that is represented here today. We ask for a special covering of the blood, for those saints whose names are listed on our prayer list. Every time we stop and think how wonderful You are, we say thank You. Every time we think about our blessings, we say thank You. Every time we think about Your word, We say; Thank You Lord, for Your word that keeps on blessing me. Father, we give You all honor, praise, and glory, in the name of Jesus, we submit our prayers. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?