Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Are You Broken?

Scripture:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1-3

Saints, How many of you realize that you are broken? We appear to be alright on the outside, but something within us, just isn't right. Now many of you are probably saying, " there is nothing wrong with me".

Well, I hate to tell you this, but we all have some sort of issue. Some struggle with anger, others with envy, and still others struggle with controlling their tongues. I am not accusing anyone of things that I know nothing about, but I just want others to realize that none of us is perfect and that each of us has something that we struggle with almost daily.

I smoke. Now some may not think that this is a big issue, but I know that my addiction to cigarettes is not pleasing to God. I am not keeping his temple clean and holy. I struggle with this constantly.

I ask God each and everyday to search me. My heart, my mind and my spirit. I ask that he would remove those things from me that are not of him. But, I still have to do my part.

What about you?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Oh yes, fix me, Jesus, fix me. Fix me so that I can walk on a little while longer. Fix me so that I can pray on just a little bit harder. Fix me so that I can sing on just a little bit louder. Fix me so that I can go on despite the pain, the fear, the doubt, and yes, the anger, I ask not that You take this cross from me, only that You give me the strength to continue carrying it onward 'til my dying day. Oh, fix me, Jesus, fix me. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?