Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Your Change is Gonna Come

Scripture:
"Oh, that You would hide me in the grave, That You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, That You would appoint me a set time, and remember me! If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes. Job 14:13-14

Saints, as I have grown in my faith and as my circle of Christian friends has grown, so often it seems as though adversity increases. This past year alone has brought many changes into my life and into the lives of friends.

Marriages have faltered, friends have lost jobs, sickness, especially, cancer seems to be running rampant against us. People are losing loved ones and many of us are struggling financially. We come praising God each morning and then, we are faced with days that are full of hell. We struggle to remain faithful. We pray about it, we fast, we do all that we know to do in the body of Christ. Sometimes it does seem that God is mad at us and we just want to go run and hide from him and the world.

Saints, I won't say that God doesn't get angry with us, because he does. He gets angry at us for not being obedient. But you say that you haven't done anything wrong, so why would God be angry with me?
Sometimes it's the little sins that we harbor that we don't even realize are sins so we haven't confessed them, that angers God. Sometimes it's our self-righteous attitudes, how we treat others, how we gossip and tell that little white lie. Sometimes it's because we are so focused on ourselves that we can't do anything to glorify him.

Saints, take a look around you. Have you been mad at someone for years and haven't spoken? Do you gossip or talk about others behind their backs? Do you pass judgment on how others our living and conducting their lives.

This sounds a little trite, but take a moment and read the ten commandments again. Now think about your life. Now don't tell me, but are you living right? Now if you are not, then maybe it's time for you to start.

He's working on me so that my change can come. Let him work on you too.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, forgive me for not being all that I should be. Father, I realize that I have done some things in my life that I need to change. I come asking that You would help me make that change. I realize that my tongue is sometimes used to tear someone else down rather than to edifying You. I know that there are things that I am still angry about, forgive me for that anger. I even know that sometimes I get angry with You because You haven't done something I wanted. Forgive me. Lord, I am learning everyday. Be patient with me. Help me to grow in grace and favor. Help me to be more diligent in my service to You. Father, we ask for Your continued blessings for our families. Our immediate families, our online families, our church families, and our brothers and sisters who are a part of the body of Christ. We love the name of the Lord. How excellent is that name. Thank You Lord, for blessing me anew. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?