Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

Who's Watching You?

Scripture:
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness Titus 2:7

Recently, I had a conversation with a friend who is trying to find her faith. She expressed concern about being a Christian because of things that she had observed both at home from those in her family who professed to be Christians and the behavior of those she had observed from the church.

Know, I won't get into a long conversation about some of the things that she said she saw or heard, but what I will talk about what our duties are as Christians. I will preface this conversation with this, I know that none of us is perfect and I know that there are still many things that I may do or say that go against the word of God, but what I will say it that I am trying.

I am trying to get right. I am trying to walk right. I am trying to lead by example. A very important lesson that I learned a long time ago is this, be careful of what you do and say, because you never know who is watching.

When we do certain things in the name of the Lord, we can harm just as much as we help. How can you say that you love the Lord, and then hold a grudge that borders on hatred for someone. We go to church on Sunday and then think we can do or say anything we want to Monday through Saturday.

When you profess to be a child of God, you must begin to act like it. If we do things that our contrary to the word of God, what kind of impression is that leaving on our children, our unsaved spouses, our young sisters and brothers.

How can you expect that your children become saved when they see all the wrong you do? Do they see sleeping with someone other than their father or mother? Do they see you or smell you getting high? Do they see you drunk or high? Do they see you lie, cheat, steal, gossip, ......

Be careful Saints of God, little eyes and minds are watching.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, help me to be strong and live the life that You want for me. Father, forgive me if I have said or done something that has turned someone away from You. Help me Lord, to do what is right in Your sight and in the sight of those who may be watching me. Father we come asking that You would continue to bless us. Keep us Lord, so that we may not sin against thee or against anyone else. Keep me from all hurt harm and danger. Continue to bless our prayer list and the families of every saint that is represented here. in the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?