Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Spiritual Growth

Scripture: We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. 2 Thessalonians 1:3

Saints, a few years ago, I officially left my church home of twenty plus years and joined another church. I can honestly say, that my decision to do so did not come quickly or easily. I had contemplated the move for some time but needed to know in my spirit that the time and place were right.

You see, I found myself stuck in a place at my old church where my spiritual growth had been blocked. I can honestly say that my decision to make my move had nothing to do with my pastors ability to minister to the congregation, but for reasons I can't really get into, my own personal growth had been stymied by things that had happened in the past.

I had visited the church home of my good friend Cynthia on several earlier occasions and had always enjoyed and felt very comfortable and blessed when I was there. Well, earlier this year she invited me for no special and I went. When I left service that Sunday, I knew where I was supposed to be. But it would take several more visits before I would finally come home.

Saints, I can honestly say that my decision was one of the hardest I have ever had to make. But, I can honestly say that God has told us we are not to remain as infants in the word forever. We must go to a place where we are fed and can GROW in the word. Just because you have gone to the same place all of your life does not mean that there is where you are suppose to remain.

If you are not growing in your faith at the rate you should, or if you feel that your church is not feeding you enough to satisfy you appetite for the word, that I urge you, find a place that will.

Prayer:
Father, in the name of Jesus we in the body of Christ come this morning fore most and first of all to thank You for keeping us in Your word yet another day. We thank You Lord for watching over each and every family represented here. We come thanking You yet again for waking us this morning and keeping us safely through another night. Father, if we are not growing in the word as we should, help us to see and know what we must do to get back in line with Your will. Father God, continue to be with us as we journey to our destinations today and all through the remainder of our week. Touch Your saints reading this right now, in the name of Jesus, we ask for Your continuing grace and mercy. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?