Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

What do you want from God?

Scripture:
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:26-28

Saints, what is it that you want from God? Do you ever really stop and think about what would make you happy? Is it money, prestige, health? What is it? Is it a better job? A better mate?

Sometimes, we feel as though that something may be missing in our lives and wonder that if things were different, we would be better off. Sometimes, we think if we had certain things, our lives would be much easier.

I come this morning to let you know that all you really need is God. My God God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. All we really need to do is learn that we can find what we truly need by seeking first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. Everything else will come.

Be Blessed

PRAYER:
I humble myself under Your mighty hand that in due time You may exalt me. I cast the whole of my cares, all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all on You. You care for me affectionately and care about me watchfully. You sustain me. You will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved made to slip, fall, or fail! I resist the temptation to be anxious about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving continue to make my wants and the wants of others known to God. Whatever I ask for in prayer, I believe that it is granted to me, and I will receive it. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?