Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Spiritual Challenges

Scripture: "Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes! 1 Samuel 12:16

This morning I would just like to remind you that ach and every one of us will have spiritual challenges. No matter how faithful you are, how much you try to live and do right, nor how prayerful you remain, you will still go through many spiritual valleys.

At one time or another it appears as though your prayers will never be answered. You pray about it. You say you have to God and still here we are, way down the road and the problem or problems are still there. And in some cases the problem has intensified.

I know this year has been a year of many intense challenges for me. I have been unemployed, forced to move, blew an engine on my car (that was paid for by the way), and so much more. My relationships have been challenged, even my sister who I consider my best friend and I were at odds for a while. There were many nights that I cried myself to sleep asking God, Why me Lord? What have I done but be faithful to you? He answered; "why not you?"

You see saints, even I realize that some of these messages that go out each day, wouldn't be as powerful IF they were not birthed in our trials. You see, how would I be able to write about how GOOD and FAITHFUL he is to me, if I couldn't share my testimonies with you. I can't begin to count the number of times someone has written to me to say just how much a message has touched and blessed them. I can't begin to tell you the number of times someone has said, "I was praying about something and when I opened your message this morning I knew it was God confirming my prayers".

You see Saints, it's not about me. It's not about what I am going through. It's all about God. My life is not my own. It's his to do what he pleases. My whole purpose in this world, no matter what I want it to be, is to edify him in all that I do and say. My job each and everyday is to tell somebody about my Jesus. My job is to spread the good news of the Gospel. My job is to encourage you so that you will seek the kingdom of God "FIRST".

So Saints of God, be encouraged. God has not forgot. He sees and knows all about your troubles. He said "He will never leave us or forsake us, if we seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness". And you know, God cannot Lie!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we come before You once again to have just a moment with You. Father, touch my heart, my spirit and my soul today. May something that I do or say cause someone to seek Your face and Your word. Father, we come before You in the name of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. We come humbling ourselves and asking for Your continued grace and mercy. Lord, keep each and every saint as well as their families safe today. Lord, we ask that You would cover our brother Ron in the blood. The blood that protects as well as heals. Father, someone needs to know that no matter what they are going through, You are still in control. Someone needs to know, that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Someone needs to know that even though we may be walking through the valley we are still covered under the wings of Your salvation. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. In who’s name we pray. Amen.
Jackie Moore

http://www.virtuousliving.com/

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?